Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Wednesday Night Affair...

This week was like last week except that it was different.

Wednesday night, the Yichang 4 and some friends (Chinese and Foreign) went to ShangKe. This restaurant is the 50's diner place that I have mentioned before. I ordered a Calzone. It was amazing. We also made friends with the owner so now she will order in Western food from Wuhan when we crave western food for our apartments. They have Metro in Wuhan. Metro is like Costco or Sam's. The Metro in Wuhan will ship us things that we want. How cool!

Here is a pic of Brad and I eating The Great Calzone. Also, Brad and I wore about the same things and ordered the exact same meal and drink. Our friends, Kim and Katie, did the exact same thing. So along with the Calzone pic, here is a pic of the roomies who live together, dress alike, and order the same food. Hopefully, this won't happen again. All four of us prefer individual tastes rather than group think. ;)

After Shangke, we went to see the fireworks. There were a million people there. The fireworks didn't compare to Thunder over Louisville, but they were still good. Beth has the really good pics that I took because my camara battery died. One day, I might post those.
After the fireworks, we went to West Street Coffee. This coffee joint was so cool. Some of the establishments here has the neatest architecture/decor. I ordered what I thought was fried chocolate ice cream. When it came, I was surprised. I got some vanilla ice cream thing on top of watermelon. If that wasn't surprising enough, it was decorated with tomato slices. I was so confused. After picking off the tomatoes, it wasn't so bad. I was a little sad that I didn't get friend ice cream. So, on closer inspection of the menu and after a conversation with the waitress, we cleared up the misunderstanding. It was all my fault. So here is some information:

1) The things about translated menu's is that you should have a chinese person tell you what the characters mean. Literal translations don't work sometimes.

2) Sometimes, it also helps to read the menu correctly. It said, "Friable Chocolate Ice Cream." It wasn't fried, but it was friable...I guess.

I don't have a pic because Brad has it on his camara. (Remember, my camara died.) I will post it next week.

No comments: